Domo Announces Second Quarter Fiscal 2024 Financial Results
SILICON SLOPES, UT – Domo, Inc. (Nasdaq: DOMO) today announced results for its fiscal second quarter ended July 31, 2023.
Fiscal Second Quarter Results
- Total revenue was $79.7 million, an increase of 5% year over year
- Subscription revenue was $71.2 million, an increase of 6% year over year
- Subscription revenue represented 89% of total revenue
- Billings were $70.6 million, a decrease of 2% year-over-year
- Remaining Performance Obligations (RPO) was $357.6 million as of July 31, 2023, an increase of 2% year over year
- RPO expected to be recognized as revenue in the next 12 months was $232.1 million as of July 31, 2023, an increase of 3% year over year
- Net cash provided by operating activities was $0.6 million
- GAAP subscription gross margin was 84%, consistent with Q2 FY23
- Non-GAAP subscription gross margin was 85%, consistent with Q2 FY23
- GAAP operating margin increased by 21 percentage points year over year
- Non-GAAP operating margin increased by 12 percentage points year over year
- GAAP net loss was $16.1 million, and GAAP net loss per share was $0.45, based on 9 million weighted-average shares outstanding
- Non-GAAP net loss was $0.8 million, and non-GAAP net loss per share was $0.02, based on 9 million weighted-average shares outstanding
- Cash, cash equivalents, and restricted cash were $63.9 million as of July 31, 2023
“Domo’s data experience platform helps companies of all sizes put data to work for everyone so they can multiply their impact on the business with real-time insights and action,” said Josh James, founder and CEO, Domo.
James continued, “I’m excited about the momentum in consumption pricing; we believe this will drive improved relationships with customers and enable meaningful impact to our business model. I’m also thrilled with our advancements in AI and the new possibilities it will deliver for customers to innovate and grow. I feel confident we have the right priorities, roadmap and people to drive Domo’s long-term growth.”
We believe the following announcements and recognition demonstrate our commitment to product innovation and customer value:
- Domo was ranked as the number one vendor in the Dresner Advisory Services’ 2023 Self-Service Business Intelligence (BI) Market Study for the fifth consecutive year, placing ahead of 15 other vendors. In addition, Domo was named an overall leader and received its seventh consecutive perfect recommendation score in Dresner Advisory Services’ 2023 Wisdom of Crowds ® Business Intelligence (BI) Market Study and its Customer Experience and Vendor Credibility Models.
- Domo announced its placement in the Q2 2023 Constellation Research ShortList™ for Multicloud Analytics and Business Intelligence Platforms (BI) for the eighth consecutive year. Domo was also named to Constellation’s first-ever Q2 2023 Embedded Analytics ShortList.
- For the fourth consecutive year, Domo was named to the 2023 Parity.Org Best Companies for Women to AdvanceTM, which spotlights companies that are committed to supporting women and creating opportunities for them to advance their careers.
Based on information available as of August 24, 2023, Domo is providing the following guidance for its third fiscal quarter and full year fiscal 2024:
Q3 Fiscal 2024
- Revenue is expected to be in the range of $78.5 million to $79.5 million
- Non-GAAP net loss per share, basic and diluted, is expected to be between $0.10 and $0.14 based on 3 million weighted-average shares outstanding, basic and diluted
Full Year Fiscal 2024
- Revenue is expected to be in the range of $316.0 million to $320.0 million, representing year-over-year growth of 2-4%.
- Non-GAAP net loss per share, basic and diluted, is expected to be between $0.39 and $0.47 based on 1 million weighted-average shares outstanding, basic and diluted
We have not reconciled guidance for non-GAAP metrics to their most directly comparable GAAP measures because certain items that impact these measures are not within our control or cannot be reasonably predicted.
Earnings Call Details
Domo plans to host a conference call today to review its fiscal 2024 second quarter financial results and to discuss its financial outlook. The call is scheduled to begin at 3:00 p.m. MT/ 5:00 p.m. ET. A live webcast of the event will be available on the Domo Investor Relations website at https://www.domo.com/ir. Participants can register for the call in advance by visiting https://conferencingportals.com/event/UamMeXVB. Instructions will be shared on how to join the call after registering.
A replay will be available at (800) 770-2030 or (647) 362-9199 with conference ID #41576 following the completion of the conference call until 11:59 p.m. (ET) September 7, 2023.
Domo puts data to work for everyone so they can multiply their impact on the business. Our cloud-native data experience platform goes beyond traditional business intelligence and analytics, making data visible and actionable with user-friendly dashboards and apps. Underpinned by AI, data science and a secure data foundation that connects with existing cloud and legacy systems, Domo helps companies optimize critical business processes at scale and in record time to spark the bold curiosity that powers exponential business results.
Domo Disclosure Channels to Disseminate Information
Domo investors and others should note that we announce material information to the public about our company, products and services, and other issues through a variety of means, including Domo’s website, press releases, filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), blogs and social media, in order to achieve broad, non-exclusionary distribution of information to the public. We intend to use the Domo Facebook page, the Domo LinkedIn page, the Domo blog, the @Domotalk Twitter account and the @JoshJames Twitter account as a means of disclosing information about the Company and its services and for complying with the disclosure obligations under Regulation FD. The information we post through these social media channels may be deemed material. Accordingly, we encourage investors and others to monitor these social media channels in addition to following our press releases, SEC filings and public conference calls and webcasts. The social media channels that we intend to use as a means of disclosing the information described here may be updated from time to time as listed on our investor relations webpage.
Use of Non-GAAP Financial Measures
To supplement our condensed consolidated financial statements, which are prepared and presented in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles in the United States of America (GAAP), we reference in this press release and the accompanying tables the following non-GAAP financial measures: billings, non-GAAP subscription gross margin, non-GAAP operating expenses, non-GAAP operating loss, non-GAAP operating margin, non-GAAP net loss, non-GAAP net loss per share, and adjusted free cash flow. In computing these measures, we exclude the effects of certain items including stock-based compensation expense, amortization of certain intangible assets, severance of executive officers who report to the Chief Executive Officer, and proceeds from shares issued in connection with the employee stock purchase plan.
As it relates to adjusted free cash flow, we add back amounts equal to the proceeds from shares issued in connection with employee stock purchase plan to reflect the non-cash nature of these transactions. Because no cash is exchanged in these transactions, showing proceeds in the financing section of the statement of cash flows as required by GAAP results in a corresponding decrease in the operating section, which management believes is not indicative of actual cash used in or provided by our operations. We believe that this non-GAAP cash metric is useful because it provides investors with the same information that management uses to consistently evaluate, forecast and measure the Company’s actual cash flows and its ability to achieve and maintain positive cash flows.
We use these non-GAAP financial measures for financial and operational decision-making and as a means to evaluate period-to-period comparisons. Our management believes that these non-GAAP financial measures provide meaningful supplemental information regarding our performance and liquidity by excluding certain expenses that may not be indicative of our ongoing core business operating results. We believe that both management and investors benefit from referring to these non-GAAP financial measures in assessing our performance and when analyzing historical performance and liquidity and planning, forecasting, and analyzing future periods.
During the current fiscal year, we revised our definition for non-GAAP statement of operations line items to adjust for executive severance expenses. We have revised the prior period amounts to conform to our current period presentation.
For a reconciliation of these non-GAAP financial measures to GAAP measures, please see the tables captioned “Reconciliation of Non-GAAP Financial Measures” included at the end of this release.
This press release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 and the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These forward-looking statements include statements of our Chief Executive Officer, statements regarding our future, expectations for RPO in the next 12 months, our financial outlook for our third fiscal quarter and full fiscal year 2024, and results for future periods. Forward-looking statements are subject to risks and uncertainties and are based on potentially inaccurate assumptions that could cause actual results to differ materially from those expected or implied by the forward-looking statements. Actual results may differ materially from the results predicted, and reported results should not be considered as an indication of future performance. The potential risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ from the results predicted include, among others, those risks and uncertainties included under the caption “Risk Factors” and elsewhere in our filings with the SEC, including, without limitation, the Annual Report on Form 10-K filed with the SEC on March 27, 2023 and the Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the fiscal quarter ended July 31, 2023 expected to be filed with the SEC on or about September 11, 2023. All information provided in this release and in the attachments is as of the date hereof, and we undertake no duty to update this information unless required by law.
# # #
Domo is a registered trademark of Domo, Inc.