Last Updated: 11 May 2016
Scope of this Policy
Information Collected by Domo
Domo registration and customer support
You provide us with information about you when you complete a Domo web form, register to use a Domo website (such as www.domo.com) or Service, request a Services demonstration, respond to an advertisement, contact Domo for support or other offerings, or attend an event or forum in which Domo is hosting or participating. During such processes, we collect personal information that identifies you. For example, we may collect your name, company name, address, email, phone number, billing and payment information, position, or title. We may also collect other public and third party information about you to supplement your profile, such as public information about the company where you work.
We receive and store certain information about how you use our websites and Services when you visit a Domo website or use our Services. For example, we receive information that your browser or device sends to our servers whenever you visit a Domo website. Your browser or device may tell us your internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, computer and connection information such as browser type, version, language and time zone settings, browser plug-in types, operating system, and type of device you are using. When you visit a Domo website, your browser may also tell us information such as the actions you take on our website, the page that led you to our website and, if applicable, the search terms you typed into a search engine that led you to our website.
We may receive information about how you use our websites and Services through the use of first-party and third-party cookies, and also web beacons and other similar technologies. Our servers collect similar information when you are logged into our website or Services. The information we receive through cookies and similar technologies may be associated with you, depending on the website or Services you are using, and whether you have provided information identifying yourself to the website or Services.
In addition, third parties may be able to collect information about your online activities over time when you use our websites or Services using cookies or other technologies. We do not respond to web browser ‘do not track' signals or other similar transmissions that indicate a request to disable online tracking of users who visit our websites or who use our websites or Services.
Buttons, tools, and content from other companies
Domo social networking pages
We maintain pages on many social networking sites. We may collect information when you interact with our social networking pages.
Domo online advertising
We advertise online, including displaying Domo ads across the Internet on websites and in apps. When we advertise online to you, we may collect information about which ads are displayed to you, which ads you click on, and the web page where the ad was displayed to you.
Public chat, message boards and user postings
Use of the information collected by Domo
We may use the information we collect about you to:
- Provide you Domo website content and Services, as well as any other services, support, or information you have requested
- Operate and improve our websites and Services, and diagnose related problems
- Personalize our website, Services, and Communications to your likely interests and needs
- Send you business messages such as those related to Services notifications, payments or renewal of your subscription
- Send you information about Domo, new releases, special offers, and similar marketing information
- Conduct market research about our customers, their interests, and the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns
- Display personalized ads to you across the Internet
- Combine information we collect about you with other public or private information sources in order to provide you with Communications that may be relevant to you and to enhance the Services we provide to you
- Contact you via telephone to discuss Domo Services and related offers with you
- Aggregate data from our Services used for benchmarking and to improve our Services.
Newsletter subscription information
From time to time, we may provide information to our customers and potential customers in the form of electronic or print newsletters. When you subscribe to our newsletter you may be added to our mailing list and will receive announcements and information about Domo. It will be emailed or mailed to the address that you provide when you subscribe.
Domo text messages
We or other Domo Services users may periodically communicate with you through text message services regarding the Services we provide to you, such as system alerts or Services notifications. You may manage your Domo Services notifications and alerts in your Domo Services account settings.
Sharing information collected by Domo
We work with companies that help us run our business. These companies may provide services such as delivering customer support, processing and collecting payments, and sending Communications on our behalf. These companies may have access to your personal information as required to help us run our business.
Domo may also share your personal information:
- When you have consented to the sharing
- With our affiliated companies
- When you purchase a license to use, or indicate interest in a third party app or other third party product or service, so the third party may contact you about your purchase or interest
- With our resellers and other sales partners
- When we are required or believe we are required to provide information in response to a subpoena, court order, applicable law, government statute, regulation or other legal process
- When we have a good faith belief that the disclosure is necessary to prevent or respond to fraud, defend our websites or Services against attacks, or protect the property and security of Domo, or the property and security of our customers and users
- To the extent necessary to meet national security, law enforcement, or public interest requirements
- If we merge with or are acquired by another company, we sell a website, app, or business unit, or all or a substantial portion of our assets are acquired by another company, in which case your information may be one of the assets that is transferred
- When we hire companies to help us market our websites and Services and provide you with information and offers related to Domo, including displaying ads to you across the Internet
- When we enlist the services of participating third party carriers to provide messaging services
- When we aggregate and share de-identified information collected by our Services in order to provide statistical information or market research to third parties
Information security and storage
We understand that the security of your personal information is important. We implement reasonable administrative, technical, and physical security controls designed to protect your personal information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, despite our efforts, no security controls are completely effective and we cannot ensure or warrant the security of your personal information.
Your personal information and data files are stored on our servers and the servers of our affiliated companies and companies we hire to provide services to us. Your personal information may be stored in the United States, or transferred to other countries where the companies we hire to help us run our business are located, such as India, South Africa, Japan, Australia, and the United Kingdom.
Reviewing, updating or deleting your personal information
We take reasonable steps intended to ensure that your personal information we process is accurate, complete, and current by using the most recent information provided to us. Our websites and Services may allow you to review and edit your personal information by accessing your profile or similar feature of the website or Service you are using. For our websites, you may have the ability to manage your cookies and similar technologies through your web browser settings. You should consult the settings and instructions provided by the provider of your web browser for more information.
You may also submit a request to us to review, edit, or delete your personal information by emailing your request to email@example.com, or if you prefer, you can contact us through physical mail at Domo, Inc., 772 East Utah Valley Drive American Fork, Utah 84003 (Attn: Privacy Office), or by telephone at 1.800.899.1000. Our business hours for telephone contact are 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM Mountain. Once we verify your identify, we will assist you with your request.
We will retain your personal information for as long as necessary to provide you with the websites and Services you use, as needed to comply with our legal obligations or enforce our agreements. For example, we may retain certain records for legal or internal business reasons, such as fraud prevention. Some of your information may also remain on backup systems after your use of our websites and Services ends.
Opting-out of Domo Communications
You may opt out of receiving Communications by modifying your website or Service profile, or by unsubscribing to the marketing mailings or newsletters you no longer desire. To unsubscribe, please submit your information through http://www.domo.com/unsubscribe, or follow the "Unsubscribe" instructions that are contained within the mailing, newsletter or other Communication that we send to you. You may also send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Unsubscribe" in the body, together with a description of the Communications you no longer desire to receive.
Personal Data from the EEA and Switzerland
Domo has certified its adherence to the U.S.–E.U. Safe Harbor Framework and the U.S.–Swiss Safe Harbor Framework principles as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal data received from the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland. To view Domo's Safe Harbor certification status, visit https://safeharbor.export.gov/list.aspx. To learn more about the Safe Harbor Principles, visit http://www.export.gov/safeharbor.
In light of the European Court of Justice's decision in the case of Maximillian Schrems v. Data Protection Commissioner, we have evaluated various other options that allow for the transfer of personal data from the EEA to non-EEA countries. We now utilize the European Commission-approved Standard Contractual Clauses, and have prepared a Data Processing Addendum that includes the EU Standard Contractual Clauses. If you are a Domo Services customer transferring personal data in connection with Domo Services from the EEA to the U.S., please contact your Domo sales representative to request the Domo Data Processing Addendum.
Personal information from our website visitors and other business partners
Information processed by Domo on behalf of a company using Domo hosted Services
We provide hosted Services to our customers. As part of the Services, customers may submit to us personal data from the EEA and Switzerland. When we provide the Services, we are providing the Services to our customers as a data processor. As a data processor, we act on the instructions of our customers and uses reasonable physical, electronic, and administrative safeguards designed to protect this personal information from loss, misuse, or unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Our customers are responsible for complying with all other obligations in relation to the personal information they may collect.
If you have any complaints regarding our compliance with the Safe Harbor program, you should first contact us at email@example.com. If the complaint cannot be resolved through our internal dispute resolution process, you may submit your complaint to JAMS for mediation under the JAMS International Mediation Rules, which are accessible on the JAMS website at http://www.jamsadr.com.
Questions or concerns
Domo requests your consent to send you email communications. Please customize your Domo experience: