Domo Announces First Quarter Fiscal 2021 Financial Results
SILICON SLOPES, Utah – June 4, 2020 – Domo, Inc. (Nasdaq: DOMO) today announced results for the fiscal 2021 first quarter ended April 30, 2020.
Fiscal First Quarter Results
- Total revenue was $48.6 million, an increase of 19% year over year
- Subscription revenue was $42.4 million, an increase of 23% year over year
- Subscription revenue represented 87% of total revenue
- Billings were $46.5 million or 13% year-over-year growth
- Net cash used in operating activities was $12.9 million, an improvement of 52% year over year
- Adjusted net cash used in operating activities was $9.3 million, an improvement of 58% year over year
- Subscription gross margin was 79%, an improvement of 2 percentage points from Q1 FY20
- GAAP operating margin improved by 36 percentage points year over year
- Non-GAAP operating margin improved by 34 percentage points year over year
- GAAP net loss was $24.9 million, and GAAP net loss per share was $0.88, based on 28.5 million weighted-average shares outstanding
- Non-GAAP net loss was $18.4 million, and non-GAAP net loss per share was $0.65, based on 28.5 million weighted-average shares outstanding
- Cash, cash equivalents and short-term investments were $88.1 million as of April 30, 2020
“Our company was built to deliver exactly what is needed today — real-time information packaged for easy consumption, for widespread distribution on any device, at massive scale, and available in record time,” said Josh James, founder and CEO, Domo. “We are pleased we could help the governors of three states have access to the actionable data they need to manage through the current health crisis. We are now applying the same capabilities to the private sector to help them manage their employee base and help them safely get back to work with apps and solutions built on our platform to address this specific opportunity.”
We believe the following points and accolades from the last quarter are additional indicators of what’s to come in our business through our commitment to product innovation, go-to-market initiatives and customer success:
- Domo introduced the Crisis Command Center and Get Back to Work solutions, which leverage the speed and scale of the Domo platform to rapidly bring together massive amounts of new data sources and new data types, making it consumable and actionable to a highly distributed group of decision makers.
- Domo also built and deployed several door opener apps, including its Global COVID-19 Tracker and its Zoom Productivity Tracker app, to introduce the power of the Domo platform to decision makers for whom speed and agility are imperative.
- Domo was honored as the Business Intelligence Solution of the Year in the 2020 Data Breakthrough Awards.
- Domo received the #1 vendor ranking for the fourth consecutive year in the Dresner Advisory Services 2020 Cloud Computing and Business Intelligence Market Study.
- Domo also received the #1 vendor ranking in the Dresner Advisory Services 2020 Self-Service Business Intelligence Market Study, and was named an overall leader for both customer experience and vendor credibility in the Dresner Advisory Services 2020 Wisdom of the Crowds Business Intelligence Market Study.
- For the third consecutive year, Domo was awarded with a Trust Radius Top Rated Award based on customer reviews for both BI tools, as well as data discovery and visualization platforms.
- Domo was also named to the Women Tech Council’s Shatter List for breaking the glass ceiling in technology for women.
Based on information available as of June 4, 2020, Domo is providing the following guidance for Q2 and full year fiscal 2021:
Q2 Fiscal 2021
- Revenue is expected to be in the range of $48.5 million to $49.5 million
- Non-GAAP net loss per share is expected to be between $0.48 and $0.52 based on 29.0 million weighted-average shares outstanding
Full Year Fiscal 2021
- Revenue is expected to be in the range of $194.0 million to $200.0 million
- Non-GAAP net loss per share is expected to be between $1.96 and $2.06 based on 29.2 million weighted-average shares outstanding
We have not reconciled guidance for non-GAAP metrics to their most directly comparable GAAP measures because such items that impact these measures are not within our control or cannot be reasonably predicted.
Earnings Call Details
Domo plans to host a conference call today to review its fiscal 2021 first quarter financial results and to discuss its financial outlook. The call is scheduled to begin at 3:00 p.m. MT/ 5:00 p.m. ET. A live webcast of the event will be available on the Domo Investor Relations website at https://www.domo.com/ir. A live dial-in is available domestically at (877) 491-5762 and internationally at (763) 416-6939, with conference ID#8687253. A replay will be available via webcast or at (855) 859-2056 or (404) 537-3406 until midnight (ET) June 18, 2020.
Domo is the Business Cloud, empowering organizations of all sizes with BI leverage at cloud scale in record time. With Domo, BI-critical processes that took weeks, months or more can now be done on-the-fly, in minutes or seconds, at unbelievable scale. For more information about how Domo (Nasdaq: DOMO) helps its customers go fast, go big and go bold, visit www.domo.com. You can also follow Domo on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
Domo Disclosure Channels to Disseminate Information
Domo investors and others should note that we announce material information to the public about our company, products and services, and other issues through a variety of means, including Domo’s website, press releases, SEC filings, blogs and social media, in order to achieve broad, non-exclusionary distribution of information to the public. We intend to use the Domo Facebook page, the Domo LinkedIn page, the Domo blog, the @Domotalk Twitter account and the @JoshJames Twitter account as a means of disclosing information about the Company and its services and for complying with the disclosure obligations under Regulation FD. The information we post through these social media channels may be deemed material. Accordingly, we encourage investors and others to monitor these social media channels in addition to following our press releases, SEC filings and public conference calls and webcasts.
Use of Non-GAAP Financial Measures
To supplement our condensed consolidated financial statements, which are prepared and presented in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles in the United States of America (GAAP), we reference in this press release and the accompanying tables the following non-GAAP financial measures: billings, non-GAAP subscription gross margin, non-GAAP operating expenses, non-GAAP operating loss, non-GAAP operating margin, non-GAAP net loss, non-GAAP net loss per share and adjusted net cash used in operating activities. In computing these measures, we exclude the effects of certain items including stock-based compensation expense, amortization of certain intangible assets, the reversal of contingent tax-related accruals and proceeds from shares issued in connection with employee stock purchase plan. The presentation of this non-GAAP financial information is not intended to be considered in isolation or as a substitute for, or superior to, the financial information prepared and presented in accordance with GAAP, and our non-GAAP measures may be different from non-GAAP measures used by other companies.
We use these non-GAAP financial measures for financial and operational decision-making and as a means to evaluate period-to-period comparisons. Our management believes that these non-GAAP financial measures provide meaningful supplemental information regarding our performance and liquidity by excluding certain expenses that may not be indicative of our ongoing core business operating results. We believe that both management and investors benefit from referring to these non-GAAP financial measures in assessing our performance and when analyzing historical performance and liquidity and planning, forecasting, and analyzing future periods.
For a reconciliation of these non-GAAP financial measures to GAAP measures, please see the tables captioned “Reconciliation of Non-GAAP Financial Measures” included at the end of this release.
This release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 and the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These forward-looking statements include statements regarding our future growth, demand for our products and services, our financial outlook for Q2 fiscal quarter and full fiscal year 2021, and results for future periods. Forward-looking statements are subject to risks and uncertainties and are based on potentially inaccurate assumptions that could cause actual results to differ materially from those expected or implied by the forward-looking statements. Actual results may differ materially from the results predicted, and reported results should not be considered as an indication of future performance. The potential risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ from the results predicted include, among others, those risks and uncertainties included under the caption “Risk Factors” and elsewhere in our filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, including, without limitation, the Annual Report on Form 10-K filed with the SEC on April 10, 2020 and the Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the fiscal quarter ended April 30, 2020 expected to be filed with the SEC on or about June 9, 2020, as well as risks to our business related to the COVID-19 outbreak. All information provided in this release and in the attachments is as of the date hereof, and we undertake no duty to update this information unless required by law.
# # #
Domo, Domo Business Cloud and Domo is the Business Cloud are registered trademarks of Domo, Inc.