Domo Welcomes TPG's Nehal Raj to Its Board of Directors
SILICON SLOPES, Utah – March 20, 2014 – Domo, a software-as-a-service (SaaS) venture that is redefining the business intelligence (BI) market and transforming the way business is managed, announced today that TPG principal Nehal Raj has joined Domo’s board of directors. TPG Growth, the middle market and growth equity investment platform of TPG, led Domo’s recent $125 million Series C financing.
“TPG’s global experience scaling market-leading enterprise software businesses will add considerable value to our next phase of growth,” said Josh James, Domo founder, CEO and chairman. “Nehal’s perspective, particularly in data analytics, will further contribute to the strength of our board.”
“Domo is ready to take on an enormous market with incredible technology and an unparalleled management team in place,” said Raj. “I am pleased to join the outstanding board Domo has assembled to help it fully leverage this opportunity.”
At TPG, Raj is a leader of the firm’s investment activities in the software and data analytics sectors. Prior to joining TPG, Raj was an investor at Francisco Partners, a private equity firm focused on the technology industry. He also worked in the mergers, acquisitions and restructurings department of Morgan Stanley. Today, he is a director of several public and private enterprise software and data analytics companies.
Raj received an M.B.A. with high distinction from Harvard Business School. He also received an A.B. with distinction in economics and an M.S. in industrial engineering & engineering management from Stanford University.
In addition to James and Raj, Domo’s board of directors includes the following members:
- Fraser Bullock, who is co-founder and managing director at Sorenson Capital, former Omniture board member and founder of Bain Capital;
- Matt Cohler, general partner at Benchmark who was the fifth Facebook employee and a founding member of the LinkedIn team;
- Mark Gorenberg, who is founder and managing director of Zetta Venture Partners, an appointed member to the President’s Council of Advisors on Science and Technology (PCAST) and former Omniture board member;
- Chris Harrington, president of Domo who also served as Omniture’s president of worldwide sales and client services; and
- John W. Thompson, CEO of Virtual Instruments, Microsoft board chairman and former chairman and CEO of Symantec.
Domo is a cloud-based executive management platform that gives users direct, real-time access to all the business information they care about, all in one place.
With more than $250 million in funding, Domo is backed by an all-star list of angels and investors including Benchmark, Fidelity Investments, Founders Fund, GGV Capital, Greylock Partners, IVP, salesforce.com, TPG Growth, T. Rowe Price, WPP and Zetta Venture Partners, plus CEOs of the world’s largest SaaS and Internet businesses.
Domo’s founding team consists of some of the most sought after talent in the industry with experience that includes Amazon, American Express, Ancestry.com, eBay, Endeca, Facebook, Google, LinkedIn, MLB.com, Omniture, salesforce.com and SAP.
For more information, visit http://www.domo.com/. You can also follow Domo on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Google+.
# # #