Domo Announces Fourth Quarter and Fiscal 2020 Financial Results
SILICON SLOPES, Utah – Domo, Inc. (Nasdaq: DOMO) today announced results for the fiscal 2020 fourth quarter and year ended January 31, 2020.
Fiscal Fourth Quarter Results
- Total revenue was $46.2 million, an increase of 17% year over year
- Subscription revenue was $39.7 million, an increase of 24% year over year
- Subscription revenue represented 86% of total revenue
- Billings were $65.0 million or 13% year-over-year growth
- Net cash and adjusted net cash used in operating activities was $15.3 million, an improvement of 45% year over year
- Subscription gross margin was 76%, an improvement of 2 percentage points from Q4 FY19
- GAAP operating margin improved by 12 percentage points year over year
- Non-GAAP operating margin improved by 12 percentage points year over year
- GAAP net loss was $29.9 million, and GAAP net loss per share was $1.06, based on 28.0 million weighted-average shares outstanding
- Non-GAAP net loss was $23.7 million, and non-GAAP net loss per share was $0.85, based on 28.0 million weighted-average shares outstanding
- Cash, cash equivalents and short-term investments were $98.8 million as of January 31, 2020
Full Year Fiscal 2020 Results
- Total revenue was $173.4 million, an increase of 22% year over year
- Subscription revenue was $146.8 million, an increase of 25% year over year
- Subscription revenue represented 85% of total revenue
- Billings were $189.2 million or 14% year-over-year growth
- Net cash used in operating activities was $80.2 million, an improvement of 39% year over year
- Adjusted net cash used in operating activities was $72.4 million, an improvement of 45% year over year
- Subscription gross margin was 76%, an improvement of 4 percentage points from FY19
- GAAP operating margin improved by 35 percentage points year over year
- Non-GAAP operating margin improved by 35 percentage points year over year
- GAAP operating expenses decreased by 2% year over year
- Non-GAAP operating expenses decreased by 4% year over year
- GAAP net loss was $125.7 million, and GAAP net loss per share was $4.57, based on 27.5 million weighted-average shares outstanding
- Non-GAAP net loss was $103.0 million, and non-GAAP net loss per share was $3.74, based on 27.5 million weighted-average shares outstanding
We believe the following points and accolades from the last quarter are additional indicators of what’s to come in our business through our commitment to product innovation, go-to-market initiatives and customer success:
- Domo launched the next generation of the Domo Appstore with enhancements such as a more robust SDK, improved navigation and new enterprise apps that make it even easier to find and build solutions that drive business forward with data. All apps in the Domo Appstore leverage the power of the Domo Business Cloud, making it quick and easy to connect to virtually any data source and make that data more valuable for teams and organizations anywhere.
- As part of the Domo Appstore launch, Domo announced a new collaboration with Amazon Web Services (AWS) designed to help customers modernize any business process and get BI leverage at cloud scale in record time. Mutual customers will be able to access and integrate any data they’ve subscribed to from AWS Data Exchange directly in Domo and easily get that data into the hands of anyone across the business.
- Domo was honored as the “Best in Mobile Cloud Solution” in the 2019-2020 Cloud Awards.
- Domo received a DEVIES Award for Best Innovation in IoT for the Domo IoT Cloud.
- Domo was ranked #1 in the Dresner Advisory Services’ Big Data Analytics Market Study, as well as a four-category winner in Dresner’s 2019 Technology Innovation Awards.
- Domo received a gold medal in SoftwareReviews’ 2020 Business Intelligence Data Quadrant Awards, and earned the top spot for ease of data integration and for vendor support.
Based on information available as of March 10, 2020, Domo is providing the following guidance for Q1 and full year fiscal 2021:
Q1 Fiscal 2021
- Revenue is expected to be in the range of $46.0 million to $47.0 million
- Non-GAAP net loss per share is expected to be between $1.04 and $1.08 based on 28.4 million weighted-average shares outstanding
Full Year Fiscal 2021
- Revenue is expected to be in the range of $192.0 million to $198.0 million
- Non-GAAP net loss per share is expected to be between $3.22 and $3.32 based on 29.2 million weighted-average shares outstanding
We have not reconciled guidance for non-GAAP metrics to their most directly comparable GAAP measures because such items that impact these measures are not within our control or cannot be reasonably predicted.
Earnings Call Details
Domo plans to host a conference call today to review its fiscal 2020 fourth quarter financial results and to discuss its financial outlook. The call is scheduled to begin at 6:30 a.m. MT/ 8:30 a.m. ET. A live webcast of the event will be available on the Domo Investor Relations website at https://www.domo.com/ir. A live dial-in is available domestically at (877) 491-5762 and internationally at (763) 416-6939, with conference ID#1578527. A replay will be available via webcast or at (855) 859-2056 or (404) 537-3406 until midnight (ET) March 24, 2020.
Domo is the Business Cloud, empowering organizations of all sizes with BI leverage at cloud scale, in record time. With Domo, BI-critical processes that took weeks, months or more can now be done on-the-fly, in minutes or seconds, at unbelievable scale. For more information about how Domo (Nasdaq: DOMO) helps its customers go fast, go big and go bold, visit www.domo.com. You can also follow Domo on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
Domo Disclosure Channels to Disseminate Information
Domo investors and others should note that we announce material information to the public about our company, products and services, and other issues through a variety of means, including Domo’s website, press releases, SEC filings, blogs and social media, in order to achieve broad, non-exclusionary distribution of information to the public. We intend to use the Domo Facebook page, the Domo LinkedIn page, the Domo blog, the @Domotalk Twitter account and the @JoshJames Twitter account as a means of disclosing information about the Company and its services and for complying with the disclosure obligations under Regulation FD. The information we post through these social media channels may be deemed material. Accordingly, we encourage investors and others to monitor these social media channels in addition to following our press releases, SEC filings and public conference calls and webcasts. The social media channels that we intend to use as a means of disclosing the information described here may be updated from time to time as listed on our investor relations webpage.
Use of Non-GAAP Financial Measures
To supplement our condensed consolidated financial statements, which are prepared and presented in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles in the United States of America (GAAP), we reference in this press release and the accompanying tables the following non-GAAP financial measures: billings, non-GAAP subscription gross margin, non-GAAP operating expenses, non-GAAP operating loss, non-GAAP operating margin, non-GAAP net loss, non-GAAP net loss per share and adjusted net cash used in operating activities. In computing these measures, we exclude the effects of certain items including stock-based compensation expense, amortization of certain intangible assets, the reversal of contingent tax-related accruals and proceeds from shares issued in connection with employee stock purchase plan. The presentation of this non-GAAP financial information is not intended to be considered in isolation or as a substitute for, or superior to, the financial information prepared and presented in accordance with GAAP, and our non-GAAP measures may be different from non-GAAP measures used by other companies.
We use these non-GAAP financial measures for financial and operational decision-making and as a means to evaluate period-to-period comparisons. Our management believes that these non-GAAP financial measures provide meaningful supplemental information regarding our performance and liquidity by excluding certain expenses that may not be indicative of our ongoing core business operating results. We believe that both management and investors benefit from referring to these non-GAAP financial measures in assessing our performance and when analyzing historical performance and liquidity and planning, forecasting, and analyzing future periods.
For a reconciliation of these non-GAAP financial measures to GAAP measures, please see the tables captioned “Reconciliation of Non-GAAP Financial Measures” included at the end of this release.
This release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 and the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These forward-looking statements include statements regarding our future growth, demand for our products and services, our financial outlook for Q1 fiscal quarter and full fiscal year 2021, and results for future periods. Forward-looking statements are subject to risks and uncertainties and are based on potentially inaccurate assumptions that could cause actual results to differ materially from those expected or implied by the forward-looking statements. Actual results may differ materially from the results predicted, and reported results should not be considered as an indication of future performance. The potential risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ from the results predicted include, among others, those risks and uncertainties included under the caption “Risk Factors” and elsewhere in our filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, including, without limitation, the Annual Report on Form 10-K filed with the SEC on April 15, 2019 and the Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended January 31, 2020 expected to be filed with the SEC on or about March 31, 2020, as well as risks to our business related to the COVID-19 outbreak. All information provided in this release and in the attachments is as of the date hereof, and we undertake no duty to update this information unless required by law.
# # #
Domo, Domo Business Cloud and Domo is the Business Cloud are registered trademarks of Domo, Inc.