Thank you for your interest. Registration is now closed for this event.
Analytics, including artificial intelligence, is altering the way that organizations scale processes, act on insights, and operate as a whole. At the center of this are scalable models used for decision-making, powered by digital technology, analytics, and data science. The challenge lies in knowing where to find your first win so you can build from there. In this session we will talk about where analytics has been and where it’s headed – using analytics and AI with baseball statistics.
Moneyball has been an effective tool for educators, as it covers:
- How a baseball team with one of the lowest payrolls in the league goes from being in the bottom to having one of the highest winning percentages over a five year period.
- Real-world successful application of normally dry course content: Statistics aren’t usually sexy but when Brad Pitt talks about them, suddenly everyone’s listening.
- The process of unlearning old decision-making routines in order to make room for new ones.
- Learning how to trust your data to be part of the decision-making process (BI), or maybe even take the lead (AI).
Why attend: During our time with you, we will show you how data can be used to glean real insights that will lead to better decisions on the baseball diamond and in your organization. We will then show you how to take the next step, moving from business intelligence to artificial intelligence, using Domo to do it all.
5:00 p.m. – Arrival & Registration
5:15 p.m. – Welcome & Opening Remarks – Bruce Felt, CFO, Domo
5:20 p.m. – Demystifying Moneyball (and AI) – Dr. Mark Ferguson and Dr. Mark Cecchini, University of South Carolina
6:10 p.m. – Panel: Moneyball Techniques Applied to Business
- Jace Mclean, Director of Data Insights, Domo
- Domo Customer Speaker
- JJ Cooper, Editor-in-Chief, Baseball America
- Mohammed Aaser, Chief Data Officer, Domo
6:50 p.m. – Closing Remarks, Bruce Felt
7:00 p.m. – Head over to the stadium
7:10 p.m. – Game time, Miami Marlins vs. New York Mets
Domo transforms business by putting data to work for everyone. Domo’s low-code data app platform goes beyond traditional business intelligence and analytics to enable anyone to create data apps to power any action in their business, right where work gets done. With Domo’s fully integrated cloud-native platform, critical business processes can now be optimized in days instead of months or more. For more information, visit www.domo.com. You can also follow Domo on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
Disclaimer: Invitation is for addressee only. It is not transferable. Space is limited and on a first come first serve basis.