Amazon Web Services (AWS) act as the backbone of today’s digital infrastructure by providing on-demand cloud computing platforms and APIs to businesses and governments worldwide.
By using Domo’s AWS integrations, you can connect your cloud data with your other valuable business, operations, marketing, and performance data for a holistic and accessible understanding of your business.
There are 25 connectors for AWS included in Domo’s library of more than 1,000 pre-built integrations. These connectors are often used to easily connect your AWS data with other data sources; common connectors Domo customers use with AWS connectors include Adobe Analytics, Google Spreadsheets, Google Bigquery, PostgreSQL, and Twitter.
Here’s an overview of the available Domo AWS connectors.
Domo AWS connectors for Amazon S3
Amazon S3 is an online file storage service you can use to store and retrieve limitless amounts of data at any time from anywhere in the world.
The Amazon S3 Connector lets you sync CSV, JSON, and XML files from S3 Bucket regions with your Domo instance.
Because it only imports the latest modified file, this connector helps ensure you’re always working with the latest data. Other connectors include:
- Amazon S3 Advanced Connector: Similar to the Amazon S3 Connector, the only difference with this connector is that it allows you to import all files with the provided prefix, assuming they all have the same schema.
- S3 Writeback Connector: Use this connector to export your data from a Domo dataset to an Amazon S3 Bucket.
- Amazon S3 User Specific Permissions Connector: Import data into Domo from a single file in your Amazon S3 bucket using a prefix path that your user has permissions for.
- Amazon S3 AssumeRole Connector: Use this connector to pull data from an S3 bucket using AssumeRole authentication. For the best results, make sure you understand how you store data in S3 along with its relation to other S3 databases.
Domo AWS connectors for Amazon Redshift
Amazon Redshift is an AWS-hosted data warehouse used to handle analytics workloads on large-scale datasets stored by a column-oriented DMBS principle.
The Amazon Redshift Connector lets you pull data from your Redshift database into Domo using an SQL query so you can create custom visualizations and reports.
Here’s a tip: To improve performance, try to limit the results set size as much as possible. Fetch size can be increased to speed up data acquisition, but setting it too high can cause connector run failures as well as performance problems with the Redshift instance. Start with a set size of 10,000 and adjust as necessary.
Other connectors for Amazon Redshift include:
- Amazon Redshift Advanced Connector: The advanced connector provides additional options for date columns so international users don’t have to worry about changing their dates before ingesting data into Domo.
- Amazon Redshift Upsert: Use this connector to schedule your data using the merge (upsert) option.
- Amazon Redshift via ODBC Connector: Bring your data into Domo via ODBC.
- Amazon Redshift SSH Connector: Create a secure, encrypted connection with your Redshift database using your SSH credentials.
- Redshift Writeback Connector: Export data from a Domo dataset to a Redshift database.
Domo AWS connectors for Amazon Athena
Amazon Athena is a serverless, interactive query service used to analyze big data in S3 using standard SQL.
The Amazon Athena Connector and Amazon Athena JDBC 2.0 Connector allow you to query data from your Athena instance in Domo, delivering constant, near real-time access to the information.
The Amazon Athena Unload Connector uses the SDK to unload the query into the S3 Bucket using the unique object ID.
Domo AWS connectors for Amazon IoT
Companies rely on AWS to manage the complexity of their IoT device data in real-time and at scale.
With the AWS IoT Device Management Connector, you can get an at-a-glance view of your IoT devices so you can monitor the overall health of your fleet, monitor permissions, and troubleshoot individual device functionality issues.
Domo can send alerts directly to your phone when KPIs are breached so you can react quickly, reducing downtime. Other connectors include:
- AWS IoT Device Defender Connector: Use this connector to create a dashboard that helps you track IoT configurations so you can ensure you’re meeting security best practices and quickly assessing security threats.
- AWS IoT Analytics Connector: Track time series data points, channels, datasets, data stores, pipelines, and more in one dashboard to make better and more accurate decisions about your IoT applications.
- AWS IoT Core Connector: Analyze how your IoT devices interact and communicate with your cloud applications and other devices.
Domo AWS connectors for Amazon Marketplace
Amazon sellers use Amazon Marketplace Web Service to programmatically exchange data about listings, orders, payments, reports, and more.
The Amazon Marketplace Web Service Connector helps sellers increase their selling efficiency and improve customer response time by incorporating their Amazon sales data with other data such as finance and logistics.
Additional Domo AWS connectors
There are also a number of connectors that can help you maximize your use of AWS itself:
- Amazon Web Services Billing Connector: Compile detailed yearly reports about billed AWS accounts.
- Amazon CloudWatch Connector: Monitor your AWS cloud resources and applications from within Domo to optimize AWS resource utilization, application performance, and operational health.
- AWS Data Exchange Connector: Find and subscribe to third-party data in the cloud using AWS Data Exchange, and then use this connector to import it into Domo. Keep in mind this connector only works for the AWS Data Exchange datasets you’ve subscribed to and have approved.
- Amazon Advertising Connector: Import into Domo entities reports, performance reports, and portfolio listings from your Amazon Advertising account to understand how to better market to Amazon customers.
- Amazon Aurora Writeback Connector: Export your data from a Domo dataset to Amazon’s MySQL- and PostgreSQL-compatible relational database.
- Streaming Data Via AWS Kinesis Connector: Send a real-time stream of data from AWS Kinesis to a Domo JSON Webhook DataSet using an Amazon Lambda function.
To get started with Domo AWS connectors, download any of them from the Domo Appstore. For more details, links to download specific integrations, and access to Knowledge Base articles for step-by-step instructions for implementing and operating each connector, click here.