The countdown has begun! There’s just over a week left to go until it’s Domopalooza time. There’s a lot happening at this year’s conference, from sessions to ski days, concerts to keynotes. It’s a lot to prep for, but this survival guide will help you make the most of your DP17 experience.
First things first, if you’re still not registered, it’s not too late. You can build your agenda right from your registration too. Make sure you check out all the options. But hurry, some sessions are already filling up!
What’s new this year.
Customer-driven breakout sessions. For the first time, our customers are heading up breakout sessions to give you their real-life strategies, tips, and insights into making data-driven decisions that drive business results.
Two days of training. We listened to your requests for more training, and we responded with two full days of Domo training, including classes on building custom apps for your business.
Visionary keynote speakers. The keynotes at Domopalooza 2017 are the most successful, innovative visionaries in their industries. From Nate Silver, the statistics superstar, to Theo Epstein who recently made MLB history, to Ed Catmull, Co-founder and President of Pixar.
The Palooza. It wouldn’t be Domopalooza without a party or two, and this year, it’s going to be big. When we say big, we mean big. Macklemore, Jason Derulo, Kesha, and Miguel. Don’t miss the welcome party, receptions, and lounges either! They’re a great place to kick back and do some networking.
Ski day. If you’ve never taken a run down Utah’s famous powder, trust us, you’re going to want to. We take care of ski and snowboard rentals, lift tickets, and even lessons if you’re a novice to the slopes.
How to make the most of it all.
Network your heart out. This is a business conference, after all. Domopalooza is designed to get you conversing with other Domo users, influencers, and big players in the business world.
Get social. Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Snapchat [username: Domotalk] to keep up with all the goings-on, and don’t forget to use #DP17 to share your experience and enter our several social contests too.
Brilliance bar. The Brilliance Bar is your place to go for any Domo questions, from basic tips to in-depth answers. Get immediate, hands-on help from Domo experts.
Download the #DP17 app. Get the agenda, a map of the venue to help you get around, info on sessions, and social interactions, all within the app. You can find it in the Apple App Store and Google Play.
No matter how many times we say it, attendees are still always surprised by just how much is happening at Domopalooza each year. Here are a few tips from the pros who’ve done it all before:
- Late nights have nothing on DP attendees. The coffee, Redbull, and Diet Coke will be flowing. No matter your liquid fix, it’ll be there.
- Another thing there’ll be plenty of: food. Leave your protein bars at home; you’ll be well fed all week long.
- Keep yourself powered up. Don’t forget charge cords and power packs for all your devices. You don’t want to get into a pinch.
- Pace yourself. It’s easy to get burned out on day 1, and you don’t want to miss out on early sessions the next morning.
- Take a break. Again, it’s easy to go, go, go with everything that’s going on, but a stroll around the Grand America to check out the boutique shops and hand-blown Murano glass chandeliers can give you just the recharge you need.