Dreamforce is one of the biggest events of the year and it can be downright scary. But don’t worry. With a few simple tips and tricks you’ll be a Dreamforce pro in no time. Here’s your insider’s guide to pure #DF14 domination.
1. Be engaged in social media
- Use hashtags! In today’s social media world, it can be tough to be part of a conversation unless you are following along with a hashtag. I’d suggest making a list of topics you’re interested in and then finding popular hashtags associated with those topics. Examples and popular hashtags for #DF14 include:
- Follow the right people. An easy way to do this is by subscribing to a Twitter list. CEO.com created a great list you can subscribe to here.
2. Be where you want to be, even if you can’t be there in person
Are you going to catch Dreamforce from your office? Or are you going to be too busy with meetings that you won’t be able to attend all the sessions and keynotes? Have no fear, many keynotes and even breakout sessions will be available via live stream this year. Check it out here (and don’t forget to use the hashtag #SalesforceLIVE to join the conversations).
3. Keynotes/Highlights: These are big. Don’t miss them.
Want to share this schedule? Tweet it to your #DF14 audience!
4. Know where to grab some grub!
- Splitbread – I’m a little biased because Domo has partnered with Splitbread to provide free lunch to Dreamforce attendees. But, it’s really good. Trust me on this one. Plus, qualified guests will get to see a Domo demo.
- BlueStem Brasserie – While it is almost completely booked for lunch throughout #DF14, its location makes it an ideal place to meet up over appetizers and an afternoon drink.
- Osha Thai – If you want authentic Thai look no further. Osha Thai offers an escape from “carbon copy” Thai restaurant menus. Osha Thai is a sure bet for a good time and some AMAZING food.
- The Cavalier – The Cavalier is a new restaurant concept by some of the top talents in the restaurant business. This is a great choice if you’d like some fantastic British pub food mixed with a little California flair.
- Dreamforce Boxed Lunch – Part of your Dreamforce pass includes a box lunch. Grab one to go for a speedy lunch and give yourself one less item to add to your expense report.
- For more food, drink and activity ideas be sure to check out the great list from Servicemax.