Effective Date: 10 October 2014
Scope of this Policy
Information collected by Domo
Domo registration and customer support
You may choose to provide Domo information when you register to use a Domo website or Service, request a Services demonstration, contact Domo for support or other offerings, or attend an event or forum in which Domo is participating. During such processes, Domo collects personal information that identifies you. Domo may collect, for example, your name, company name, address, email, phone number, financial, billing or payment information, position, or title.
Domo receives and stores certain information about how you use our websites and Services when you visit a Domo website or use our Services. For example, we receive information that your browser or device sends to our servers whenever you visit a Domo website. Your browser or device may tell us your internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, computer and connection information such as browser type, version, language and time zone setting, browser plug-in types, operating system, and type of device you are using. When you visit a Domo website, your browser may also tell us information such as the actions you take on our website, the page that led you to our website and, if applicable, the search terms you typed into a search engine that led you to our website.
Domo receives information about how you use our websites and Services through the use of first-party and third-party cookies, web beacons, and similar technologies. Our servers collect similar information when you are logged into our website or Services. The information Domo receives through cookies and similar technologies may be anonymous or it may be associated with you, depending on the website or Services you are using.
Buttons, tools, and content from other companies
Domo social networking pages
Domo maintains its own pages on many social networking sites. We may collect information when you interact with our social networking pages.
Domo online advertising
Domo advertises online, including displaying Domo ads across the Internet on websites and in apps. When we advertise online to you, we collect information about which ads are displayed to you, which ads you click on, and on which web page the ad was displayed to you.
Public chat, message boards and user postings
Domo provides Services to our customers. As part of the Services, our customers' data is stored on our computers. When we provide Services that collect or process our customer data, that data is used by the customer, and not by Domo. Our customers control what data is collected and how it is used within the Domo Service. Our customers' collection and use of data through the Services we provide to them are governed by our customers' privacy policies. As a data processor, Domo will, as required by law, cooperate with our customers in their efforts to control their data.
Use of the information collected by Domo
Domo uses the information we collect about you to:
- Provide you Domo website content and Services, as well as any other services, support, or information you have requested
- Operate and improve our websites and Services, and diagnose related problems
- Personalize our website, Services, and Communications to your likely interests and needs
- Send you business messages such as those related to payments or expiration of your subscription
- Send you information about Domo, new releases, special offers, and similar marketing information
- Conduct market research about our customers, their interests, and the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns
- Display personalized ads to you across the Internet
- Combine information we collect about you with other public or private information sources in order to provide you with Communications that may be relevant to you
- Contact you via telephone to discuss Domo Services and related offers with you
- Aggregate anonymous data from our Services used for benchmarking and to improve the Services
Newsletter subscription information
From time to time, we provide information to our customers and potential customers in the form of electronic or print newsletters. When you subscribe to our newsletter you will be added to our mailing list and will receive announcements and information about Domo. It will be emailed or mailed to the address that you provide when you subscribe.
Domo SMS messages
When you register for Domo Services, we will send you an SMS message to confirm your signup, and we may periodically communicate with you through this SMS message service about the Services.
Sharing information collected by Domo
Domo works with companies that help us run our business. These companies may provide services such as delivering customer support, processing credit card payments, and sending emails on our behalf. In some cases, these companies may have access to your personal information as required to help us run our business. They are not permitted to access or use your information for their own purposes.
Domo may also share your personal information:
- When you have consented to the sharing
- With companies affiliated with Domo
- With Domo resellers and other sales partners
- When we are required to provide information in response to a subpoena, court order, applicable law, government statute, regulation or other legal process
- When we have a good faith belief that the disclosure is necessary to prevent or respond to fraud, defend our websites or Services against attacks, or protect the property and security of Domo, or our customers and users
- To the extent necessary to meet national security, law enforcement, or public interest requirements
- If we merge with or are acquired by another company, we sell a Domo website, app, or business unit, or all or a substantial portion of our assets are acquired by another company. In those cases your information may be one of the assets that is transferred
- When we hire companies to help us market our websites and Services and provide you with information and offers related to Domo, including displaying ads to you across the Internet
- When we enlist the services of participating third party carriers to provide the Domo SMS message service
- When we aggregate and share information collected by our Services in order to provide statistical information or market research to third parties. Aggregated information is anonymous and does not identify individuals
Information security and storage
We understand that the security of your personal information is important. We provide reasonable administrative, technical, and physical security controls to protect your personal information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, despite our efforts, no security controls are completely effective and Domo cannot ensure or warrant the security of your personal information.
Your personal information and data files are stored on Domo servers and the servers of companies we hire to provide services to us.
Reviewing, updating or deleting your personal information
Domo takes reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information we process is accurate, complete, and current by using the most recent information provided to us. Our websites and Services may allow you to review and edit your personal information by accessing your profile or similar feature of the website or Service you are using. For our websites, you have the ability to accept or reject cookies and similar technologies through your web browser settings. You can also use your web browser settings to prompt you each time a cookie is offered. Please review the instructions provided by the provider of your web browser for more information.
You may also submit a request to Domo to review, edit, or delete your personal information by emailing your request to email@example.com, or if you prefer, you can contact us through physical mail at Domo, Inc. 772 East Utah Valley Drive, American Fork, Utah 84003, or by telephone at 1.800.899.1000. Our business hours for telephone contact are 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM Mountain. Once we verify your identify, we will assist you with your request.
We will retain your personal information for as long as necessary to provide you with the websites and Services you are eligible to use with your Domo account ID, or as needed to comply with our legal obligations or enforce our agreements. For example, we may retain certain records for legal or internal business reasons, such as fraud prevention. Some of your information may also remain on backup systems, in compliance with applicable law.
Opting out of Domo communications
You may opt out of receiving Communications by modifying your website or Service registration profile, or by unsubscribing for the marketing, mailings or newsletters you no longer desire. To unsubscribe, please submit your information through http://www.domo.com/unsubscribe, or follow the "Unsubscribe" instructions that are contained within the newsletter or other Communication that we send to you. You may also send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Unsubscribe" in the body, together with a description of the Communications you no longer desire to receive.
Domo U.S.-EU Safe Harbor program participation
Domo has certified its adherence to the U.S.–E.U. Safe Harbor Framework and the U.S.–Swiss Safe Harbor Framework principles as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal data received from the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland. Such personal data may be transferred from our customers and processed by Domo in the United States on behalf of our customers, and also received by Domo from our website visitors and other business partners. To view Domo's Safe Harbor certification status, visit https://safeharbor.export.gov/list.aspx. To learn more about the Safe Harbor Principles, visit http://www.export.gov/safeharbor.
Personal information from our website visitors and other business partners
Agents and service providers
Domo requires that its agents and service providers that have access to personal information received by Domo from the EEA or Switzerland subscribe to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles or enter into a written agreement that requires them to provide at least the same level of privacy protection as is required by the relevant Safe Harbor Principles.
Information processed by Domo on behalf of a company using Domo hosted Services
Domo provides hosted Services to our customers. As part of the Services, customers may submit to Domo personal data from the EEA and Switzerland. When Domo provides the Services, we are providing the Services to our customers as a data processor. As a data processor, Domo acts on the instructions of our customers and uses reasonable physical, electronic, and administrative safeguards to protect this personal information from loss, misuse, or unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Domo customers are responsible for complying with all other obligations in relation to the personal information they may collect from you.
If you have any complaints regarding our compliance with the Safe Harbor program, you should first contact us at email@example.com. If the complaint cannot be resolved through our internal dispute resolution process, you may submit your complaint to JAMS for mediation under the JAMS International Mediation Rules, which are accessible on the JAMS website at http://www.jamsadr.com.
Questions or concerns
Domo requests your consent to send you email communications. Please customize your Domo experience: